My name is Margaret Scott, I am a 26-year old following her dreams and passions in the world of Sports and Journalism. Combining the two has given me an advantage of knowing and understanding all the elements of sports and journalism.
I started writing at a young age. My parents encouraged me to keep a journal and write in it every day because I use to tell them stories all the time.
It was through that journal and teachers in middle school and high school that helped me to realize journalism was where I felt the most comfortable. I love being about to get two sides of a story and tell the story.
I also like to pursue my passion of photography. I was lucky to learn under an amazing photographer in high school to expand my knowledge of cameras and photos. Since high school I have made professional photography friends that have been able to continue to help me improve my sports photographing.
I chose the path of Sports Management and Communication Studies- Convergent Journalism because I have always loved writing and sports have been a huge part of my life.
When I finished college I was able to get a job working for a weekly newspaper as their Sports Editor. I primarily work with three area high school’s administration and coaching staff to provide the community with the best sports reporting. I have been able to make a lot of professional connections as well as mingle with the community.
I lay out the entire sports section, write all the articles, interview, and take photographs. I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office, all social media platforms, Google drive, Neo-Office and I am a quick learner when it comes to learning the ins and outs a webpages.
Not only am I the Sports Editor but I also take care of all the social media pages for the Bedford Bulletin. I have expanded their online presence as well as developed new accounts for the community to view.
I am always looking for the next step and ways to advance my career in Sports and Journalism.
Interesting Facts about me
- I am a very energetic person and I am constantly smiling.
- I have previously worked two years in the Drone business. I worked for Video Aerial Systems where I built antennas and Styrofoam aircrafts to be shipped around the world.
- I teach karate for Campbell County Recreation Department. I received my black belt when I was 14 years old and have continued to teach and practice the art of American Karate.
- I was a youth soccer coach for three years, mostly U6 and U8 teams.
- I played soccer and danced in high school.
- I love coffee and tend to drink quite a lot at times.
- When I was little I wanted to play football but my parents wouldn’t let me so I settled for learning the sport.
- I wish I could have played every sport that is available.
- I love sitting down to do some creative writing.
- Baking a a major passion of mine, at one time I thought I would open a bakery and bring the Italian desserts to Lynchburg.